Plymouth Christian Academy is a private K-12 school in Canton, Michigan.
About The Project
Plymouth Christian Academy was referred to us in need of a new website whose design and functionality was up to date. The school had already embraced the use of social media as a communication tool, and was looking to add features such as a calendar, blog, and alumni update forms to their website. We really felt this was a project that we could sink our teeth into.
The best part about working with Plymouth Christian Academy was that they allowed us the autonomy needed to solve creative problems within the scope of their website goals. By trusting our creative and technical abilities, we were able to produce a product that met our three core guidelines for good web design: User Experience (UX), Functionality, and Visual Appeal.
After the website was completed, we turned over the day to day operations to the client. By doing this, students and staff can put their own mark on their new website, all while IT maintains the capability to regulate content and levels of access.
Our responsibility included designing and building a WordPress website for the school. Some of the website features include:
- Dynamic HomePage with up to date calendar events, latest blog post, and a modern 3 column layout
- Social media integration to continue communication between the school, parents, and students
- A responsive web framework that allows website visitors to experience the site as intended
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Customized user access levels
- The ability to integrate E-Commerce functionality (a school store) at a later date
- Alumni Contact Forms
- Top Google rankings for a variety of search queries based on their service and location
- Average site time of 4 minutes with almost 5 pages per visitor average
- Modern, responsive design packed with functional features